FORMER GRAMMAR SCHOOL SITE, MIDHURST
- A complex project involving the South Downs National Park planning authority and Chichester District Council.
- Retained to lead on securing detailed planning permission, conservation area consent and listed building consent for 20 new dwellings.
- Project involved establishing and promoting a viability case and persuading the SDNPA to accept new homes delivery required a significant reduction to affordable housing policy targets.
- Statutory consents had to be negotiated with two planning authorities including securing the support of Midhurst Town Council and local residents.
- Value optimisation advice provided given constraints associated with the site containing several listed structures, given its location adjacent to two locally important listed buildings, being within a conservation area and suffering from a restricted covenant covering part of the site impacting on development potential.
- Planning permission secured and scheme under construction.