Slough Canal Basin – Canal & River Trust and ISIS
SLOUGH CANAL BASIN, SLOUGH
- Leading negotiations concerning a partnership approach to the regeneration of the Slough Canal Basin and surrounding land on behalf of the clients with the Slough Regeneration Partnership.
- Inputs from FoddyConsult included planning, development, scheme viability testing, land/site acquisition work, residential agency, partnership contract negotiations, planning process management, local plan policy promotion, strategic property advice and community/stakeholder engagement.
- Achieved recognition that the Slough Canal Basin and surrounding sites should be regarded by Slough Borough Council as a priority for residential led mixed use regeneration through the Slough Regeneration Partnership.
- The identification of a development delivery programme focused on delivering co-ordinated and comprehensive local area redevelopment which maximises the attractiveness of the canal, the basin, improving its use, enhancing town centre connections and delivering new houses, apartments, affordable housing, waterside retail, leisure uses and public open space.
- Project required FoddyConsult to lead on applying market facing general regeneration advice applying highly skilled commercial negotiations alongside exemplar place-making expertise.
Photo image copyright to N. Fox.