ASSET VALUE MAXIMISATION
JOLLY’S DEPARTMENT STORE, BATH
- Appointed to consider how to maximise asset value following a potential restructuring of existing department store retail floor space and feasibility advice associated with introducing alternative self-contained upper floor uses and replacement built development to the rear behind the listed façade.
- Planning and historic building appraisal carried out to determine site/building constraints and opportunities. Potential for loss of town centre retail assessed and case for introducing alternative upper floor uses linked to new attached replacement development to the rear.
- Market advice provided linked to a deliverable planning strategy suggesting redundant retail space could be recycled for residential apartments and a town centre hotel.
- Stakeholder discussions held with Historic England and Bath & North East Somerset Council from a policy and development management perspective.
- Market advice provided on potential for residential, regarding interest from hotel operators and their spatial requirements.